Welcome to Fiber Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Erik Raudsep

Gigapower Conduit installation in Durham

36 posts in this topic
On 8/16/2016 at 2:46 PM, Erik Raudsep said:

It is located off of mineral springs on pebblestone. in zip code 27703

We got tap fiber vaults back last October.  And it wasn't until March that crews came to bury the drop fiber.  So sometimes stuff happens to delay the progress.  

Also, the other two CO's in Durham that will serve Gigapower were just upgraded last year.  The parts of Durham that were 1st like my area are being fed out of Chapel Hill's CO.  But I did see work yesterday along Duke Street in North Durham so things must be progressing.  And this was in lower economic areas near my kids school. 

I know we will be serviced out of the CO on Roxboro if that makes any sense to you but that is what the people that were doing the line testing told me.  We have fiber some direct bury and some in conduits.   They already re-did about 6 runs of fiber and they crews are now all signed off and the our PFP already has all the reflective numbers and letters to id it and again the guys that were doing the line testing said that was the last thing they do to the box so anyone driving past will know that it is done that works for AT&T.  I just wanted quick gratification I guess I will be patient for a while more.  

So it is October 2nd there is nothing to update but we are still waiting.  I have noticed by doing the check availability that PFP's are getting turned on closer and closer to my home by nothing here yet. 

On 8/26/2016 at 5:35 PM, Erik Raudsep said:

I know we will be serviced out of the CO on Roxboro if that makes any sense to you but that is what the people that were doing the line testing told me.  We have fiber some direct bury and some in conduits.   They already re-did about 6 runs of fiber and they crews are now all signed off and the our PFP already has all the reflective numbers and letters to id it and again the guys that were doing the line testing said that was the last thing they do to the box so anyone driving past will know that it is done that works for AT&T.  I just wanted quick gratification I guess I will be patient for a while more.  

So it's good to know that you will be served out of the AT&T Office on Roxboro.  It used to be an old AT&T long lines office when Microwave Towers were used for long distance phone calls.  Thus the large antenna frame sitting on the site.  That CO was supposed to get Gigapower later last year.  Much after the Chapel Hill CO which AT&T is using to serve SW Durham. 

I've also seen all the drop vaults installed up around the Life and Science museum and Club Blvd. Elementary.  AT&T is making pretty quick work around the city now. 

So today 7 and 1/2 months from getting the door hanger on my door I ordered AT&T Fiber and it will be installed next week on Wed the 23rd.  Hope everything goes smooth. 

23 minutes ago, Erik Raudsep said:

So today 7 and 1/2 months from getting the door hanger on my door I ordered AT&T Fiber and it will be installed next week on Wed the 23rd.  Hope everything goes smooth. 

Congratulations and a future welcome to the #BrotherHoodOfFiber!  LOL

After a 3 hour install it is all done and I am now on AT&T Fiber.  I went with the 300 package and I am currently 384 Down and 372 Up.

Nice!  How much does 300 cost?  I think that may seriously be the sweet spot, somewhere between 300 and 500.

300 is 50 a month.  I was paying 60 for 200 with Time Werner so all around a better deal.  And yes 300 is all I need and I am loving it. 

On 8/16/2016 at 2:46 PM, Erik Raudsep said:

It is located off of mineral springs on pebblestone. in zip code 27703

That is right around the corner from me in Brightleaf at the Park.  Does anyone know if AT&T is planning to service my neighborhood as well?  It would be nice to have options.