Welcome to Fiber Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TelecomRFPro

A Step In The Wrong Direction!

I don't see at all how this will help the consumer! Spectrum/Charter whatever the heck its called better not mess with pricing/speeds in our already established Maxx market! I feel bad for people not getting Maxx because of this.

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Charter-Confirms-Time-Warner-Cable-Broadband-Upgrades-Killed-137624

2 hours ago, TelecomRFPro said:

I don't see at all how this will help the consumer! Spectrum/Charter whatever the heck its called better not mess with pricing/speeds in our already established Maxx market! I feel bad for people not getting Maxx because of this.

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Charter-Confirms-Time-Warner-Cable-Broadband-Upgrades-Killed-137624

They won't mess with the speeds.

Posted (edited)

I was told by a Tech about a week ago (when I called to change my service) that new rates and plans would be posted today, and sure enough the site branding and plans changed this morning. Gone are the 300 and 200 Mbps options, replaced with only 100. Not sure why you would only sell a slower product when it's clear that the equipment can handle three times as much.

One positive is that you can now purchase TV/Internet (and no phone) and get the max speed offering (TWC only used to allow up to 50 or 100 Mbps if you didn't get all three). But the price is close to a wash if you only get two.

Now a little more research shows that Spectrum does not offer whole-house DVR to new customers, including old TWC customers who want to change their plan. It's 2017, how do you not offer whole-house DVR? Not a great start!

Edited by pmonahan

Also this morning noticed twc.com and timewarnercable.com is redirecting to spectrum.com, must be making a mess of it, as its all throwing 502 503 and 504 errors.

I cant get anything to load to verify pricing right now though.

Here are the new internet speed tiers............. this is for a Holly Springs address

Please Login or Register to see this image.

/monthly_2015_05/dry.png.08e95ec6afdd6b82534add802a4f814f.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20">

/monthly_2015_05/dry.png.08e95ec6afdd6b82534add802a4f814f.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/dry@2x.png 2x" title="¬¬" width="20">

/monthly_2017_03/58c95c0b62df9_SpectrumInternet.thumb.JPG.cfb5a46100a5429b1e2c27f45bb167d4.JPG" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="Spectrum Internet.JPG">

Just got off a (very) lengthy chat session with a Spectrum agent. I was trying to learn more about how to make changes to my service without impacting my WH-DVR. He confirmed Spectrum does not offer this, and the first question he asked was "Do you want me to transfer your services to Spectrum?" It seems TWC people will still fall under TWC rates for the foreseeable future, and can make changes to their accounts within the TWC structure and keep their WH-DVR and 200 or 300 internet speed tiers. However, if you want to "switch" to Spectrum, 100 will be the cap and you'll lose your WH-DVR.

I had internet only but just switched a month ago to AT&T fiber.  Charter is making that decision easier and easier every day for people.  300x300 for $50 month or 100Gbps for $80, was $70 and you may be able to get $70 if you haggle for it.  

Sad thing is confidence in Google is dwindling every day based on reports from other areas across the country.    

21 hours ago, F100 said:

I had internet only but just switched a month ago to AT&T fiber.  Charter is making that decision easier and easier every day for people.  300x300 for $50 month or 100Gbps for $80, was $70 and you may be able to get $70 if you haggle for it.  

Sad thing is confidence in Google is dwindling every day based on reports from other areas across the country.    

If only some of us had ATT or GF to switch to

/monthly_2015_05/tongue.png.fd45bbb5b0a7a48305948dfcfc9ed6b6.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Im stuck with CL as my telco alternative, and theve flat out said no fiber effectively, as Ive posted on their section on here.

2 people like this