Welcome to Fiber Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Smooth

North Durham fiber updates...

30 posts in this topic

Looks like they are putting something in all that conduit they ran.  This is the corner of Hemlock Hill Dr. and Golden Belt Pkwy in Brightleaf at the Park.

 

Please Login or Register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_04/IMG_0226.thumb.JPG.baccb6816ef9894d94e57d590bc6bfd7.JPG" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="IMG_0226.JPG">

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like RDU125 is progressing nicely.  The start of fencing is new since I last drove by it.

(Ignore the smudge of something on my passenger window that looks like something next to the AC units)

Please Login or Register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_04/IMG_20170419_173220.thumb.jpg.f1de6c8eb322f92285ffc6f4a382f42d.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="IMG_20170419_173220.jpg">

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 6:13 PM, ncted said:

Looks like they are putting something in all that conduit they ran.  This is the corner of Hemlock Hill Dr. and Golden Belt Pkwy in Brightleaf at the Park.

 

Please Login or Register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_04/IMG_0226.thumb.JPG.baccb6816ef9894d94e57d590bc6bfd7.JPG" />

I've noticed the last few days that fiber is going up on the telephone poles along Sherron all the way down from almost Miami down past Northern Durham Pkwy as of this morning. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cyndrall said:

I've noticed the last few days that fiber is going up on the telephone poles along Sherron all the way down from almost Miami down past Northern Durham Pkwy as of this morning. 

That might mean it's Google.  As far as I have seen, AT&T is doing all their fiber build in Durham in the ground except where it needs to go over a creek or similar water source that can't easily be bored under.  

On 4/20/2017 at 9:37 AM, mindlesstux said:

Looks like RDU125 is progressing nicely.  The start of fencing is new since I last drove by it.

(Ignore the smudge of something on my passenger window that looks like something next to the AC units)

Thanks for the pics of RDU-125.  I can't see the Generator and the fence still needs to be completed but it looks like things are progressing nicely.  

I think they may be close to having all the Durham Huts installed at this point.  I still can't believe that the Chapel Hill hut is so far behind.  Especially give that Huts in Carrboro and Durham will also cover parts of Chapel Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F100 said:

That might mean it's Google.  As far as I have seen, AT&T is doing all their fiber build in Durham in the ground except where it needs to go over a creek or similar water source that can't easily be bored under.  

Thanks for the pics of RDU-125.  I can't see the Generator and the fence still needs to be completed but it looks like things are progressing nicely.  

I think they may be close to having all the Durham Huts installed at this point.  I still can't believe that the Chapel Hill hut is so far behind.  Especially give that Huts in Carrboro and Durham will also cover parts of Chapel Hill.

I think it's likely Google. There's a ton of AT&T fiber installation going on where I work --- Perimeter Park --- and the spools that are being used on Sherron look nothing like the ones I've been seeing by work for the last year. This is a black spool, while the AT&T fiber seems to be using bright orange exclusively. I've never gotten close enough to them to look at it in detail though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now