Welcome to Fiber Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brad

Phase 2 Installations

Has anyone in Phase 2 gotten a notice for installation yet?

Nope (I'm in Oakhall)

They told me we would get notifications in late March/early April. I wonder if they're still on target. Maybe @tingadam can help a little bit? I'm paying more to Charter per month for inferior service. Its getting damn old.

I messaged them yesterday on Facebook and they just got back to me with this:

Construction is wrapping up in a lot of phase 2 areas, but we don't have a firm date set yet for doing installations. It will most likely be a month or two at least before the area is ready. Once the fiber is in the ground we still have a lot of work to do in getting it connected back up to our data center and all the necessary hardware installed to support it. When we get a bit closer to ready we'll definitely make the turn up date known widely among our social platforms, and also on the Ting blog; because you've pre-ordered, we'll also get in touch via email. Hang in there Dave!

^^ That's actually the same response I'd give, and I didn't even write that.

Please Login or Register to see this image.

/monthly_2015_05/wink.png.e1e229ce4ba1a2445698eba54bf4c970.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  Much of the physical construction is being wrapped up, but lighting it up still takes some time on top of that. One thing I'd add to the response you got: this is all "net new" infrastructure in the ground, so all the conduit, fiber, etc. being laid is brand new stuff. We don't really get to "QA" the plant until it's completed, and invariably small things arise that slow you down a bit. So we can't really go "0 to 100" off the bat. That said -- we're talking weeks as opposed to months now in phase 2. 

2 people like this

On 3/26/2017 at 10:07 AM, tingadam said:

^^ That's actually the same response I'd give, and I didn't even write that.

/monthly_2015_05/wink.png.e1e229ce4ba1a2445698eba54bf4c970.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  Much of the physical construction is being wrapped up, but lighting it up still takes some time on top of that. One thing I'd add to the response you got: this is all "net new" infrastructure in the ground, so all the conduit, fiber, etc. being laid is brand new stuff. We don't really get to "QA" the plant until it's completed, and invariably small things arise that slow you down a bit. So we can't really go "0 to 100" off the bat. That said -- we're talking weeks as opposed to months now in phase 2. 

Thanks, @tingadam. I apologize if I've been annoying. I'm  just really really excited to get your service.

Not at all. I get it. Bell (phone company up here in Toronto) ran fiber by my house a few months ago up here in Toronto, and I'm going nuts trying to figure out when they're actually going to light it! Just last night I pulled open a vault they left unlocked while walking with my dog and kid to see where they were at.

/monthly_2015_05/wink.png.e1e229ce4ba1a2445698eba54bf4c970.png" srcset="http://www.fiberforu.ms/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

1 person likes this

@tingadamok, its been 2 weeks, any updates on the phase we're in now? Hopefully at least testing is happening now??